Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Punk Wristwarmers

made by Luinel
based on Midnight Knitter's Punk Crochet Wrist-Warmers

It used to be that i couldn't crochet a square shaped object. Because of this project my tension and ability have vastly improved when it comes to crocheting. I'm still a knitter by choice, but it's nice to know that i can now crochet something if i need to or choose to.

I made a couple of modifications to this pattern: i only crocheted 24 rows before joining the wrist and i extended the top of the pattern a couple of rows so it would reach my knuckles. Nothing fancy. I'm getting ready to swear off Bernat, though: the brand's yarn worked great for Alice's Sweater, but the camo yarn didn't do as well. I wore one wristwarmer two nights and the other one night on a campout and they're both already getting stretched out and messed up.

No comments: